The enhanced interaction means devices that enable the real-time overlay of computer functionality placed in the digital tools and processes overlay. The concept refers to the addition of new capabilities to homogeneous, closed, limited or complex systems. The created interactions are possible from the capture of information, to all interactions of operation, to managements of the publication and dissemination of the data used by the support system.
The enhanced interactions designate the different methods and tools for embedding interfaces, automation, applications for operational use always more efficient and simple. This includes at the same time, the addition of sensors, transmission of signals, the processing of information and knowledge, its reorganization for publication (interface) and sharing.
The enhanced interactions are one of the emerging phenomena of ICT and is part of the school of thought of enhanced computing, augmented reality, such as social enhanced objects: connected health, expanded edition, collaborative work, enhanced teaching, interactive information, collaborative writing, etc …
For these objects, the concept of “enhanced” reflects the contribution of a technology overlay on a limited state of affairs or unsatisfactory operation, which allows synergy for a new and multiplied result.
The numerous benefits of enhanced interactions:
- It allows integration and operation of the interactions in the computer, in real time,
- It applies to all interactions, real and virtual, operator / machine channels / systems, systems / systems,
- It makes it necessary to amend host applications, such as old, closed or obsolescence business software,
- It works by maintaining the integrity of the support and information,
- It applies across the entire value chain of information, from its capture until its sharing and exploitation.
These benefits, however, are very dependent on the quality and capacity of the contributions to overlap sometimes resistant systems (standard regression). In this context the application’s assistants or wizards, are the most significant and successful examples of the enhanced interaction concept.