“The key was to quickly automate and integrate two major processes: the customer KYC and subscription.”
Required effects : To accelerate and improve reliability on the KYC and subscription process, by integrating the data in the existing BNP-Paribas information system. To simplify and automate the back-office treatments made mostly of new advisers.
In June 2013, BNP-Paribas launched a new offer for online banking on the European market (France, Germany and Belgium). The opening of clients accounts, after a self online subscription, required a complex process. It implied KYC controls, validations in external systems, and administration steps in the central back office information systems of the head office.
The KYC process includes 7 checks in external systems, 5 data controls and documentary evidences. It involves internal creation of the new clients’ account with 17 data processing steps. In its original architecture, the processes presented ruptures and lacked coherence controls, which was a source of complexity and errors.
The General Management decided to optimize the KYC and activation processed by automating controls, by robotizing its checks. In addition, it appeared essential to bring an Next Best Action online assistance to the operators.
The Contextor experts created applications’ assistants which automated all the KYC control tasks and systematized the checks.
The wizards launch many third applications, such as Banque de France, loan checks, in the cloud. They provide a comprehensive report on the subscribers eligibility.
In addition, the creation of a real-time contextual banner (dynamic panel) on the workstations allowed a quick appropriation and live assistance through next best action guidance. Learning the processes was facilitated and contributed to the reduction of execution errors. The operators efficiency was greatly improved by the notable reduction of the number and the nature of the clicks, copy and paste, re-entry.
The wizards supports the operator by offering the right decisions, while releasing him of the tiresome and redundant tasks.
- Agile Governance, for the transformation assistance,
- Improvement, for the reliability of the processes,
- Cross application, for inter applications interaction,
- Dynamic panel, for the performance of the advisers,
- Next best action, for a powerful online help.
- Increase in the effectiveness and the efficiency of the agents,
- Controlled evolution of the Information System,
- Fast integration of diverse technologies like 3270, Web, Windows client , without touching the business applications,
- Improvement of the customer account activation success rate,
- Major reduction of the average handling time for the subscriber KYC and account activations,
- Creation of an operational contextual banner (dynamic panel).
- Time to Market: 6 weeks
- Operational Deployment: 1 week
- Average handling time: -80%
- Dedicated workstations: 200 attended RPA robots
- Integrated applications: 12 applications
- Creation: 1 single interface.